KARACHI: The trial referring to extrajudicial killing of aspiring Waziristan model Naqeeb Ullah Mehsud and 3 others in an staged stumble upon has yet to officially begin, as the principle suspect, former SSP Rao Anwar, and his 25 subordinates have now not been indicted twelve months after the incident, it emerged on Sunday.

SSP Rao Anwar along with his subordinates has been booked for killing Naqeeb and 3 others after dubbing them ‘Taliban militants’ in a ‘fake’ shoot-out on Jan 13, 2018.

The Anti-Terrorism courtroom No 2 had granted bail to Rao within the two cases referring to the kidnapping and murder as well as registering fake criminal cases against the victims in July remaining.

An antiterrorism court is about to announce order on bail pleas of 10 policemen today

The killing of the younger Mehsud had sparked huge protests by using the civil society and leader Justice of Pakistan Mian Saqib Nisar took suo motu be aware of the killings.

After eluding regulation enforcers for two months and upon being provided possibilities by using the CJP to give up, the previous SSP had in the end seemed before the ideal courtroom and was ultimately arrested in Islamabad.

as opposed to detaining him inside the Karachi principal prison, prison government had shifted him to a house because of alleged safety worries, affirming it a sub-prison within the Malir Cantonment area.

4 other suspects — former DSP Qamar, Muhammad Yaseen, Supurd Hussain and Khizar Hayat — have also been granted bail.

After slain version’s father Khan Muhammad Mehsud, who's the complainant within the most important case, confirmed no self belief within the ATC-II, the Sindh excessive court docket had transferred the instances to the ATC-III on Nov five.

“The formal trial has now not taken off to this point due to the fact none of the suspects has been indicted by using the trial court docket in the instances,” advise Salahuddin Panhwar, the suggest for the complainant Mehsud, had advised sunrise after attending the ultimate listening to on Jan 6.

at the closing hearing, the ATC-III had reserved its order on programs filed by way of 10 police officers, who remained absconding for as many months and then approached the courtroom searching for pre-arrest bail to keep away from their arrest inside the cases.

“The court will announce its verdict on their bail pleas on Jan 14 [today],” judicial staff told sunrise, adding that the hearing in the main case was fixed for Jan 30.

round six suspended police officials — Sub-Inspector Sheikh Mohammad Shoaib alias Shoaib Shooter, SI Gada Hussain, SI Amanullah Marwat, Head Constable Shafqat Hussain, Constables Mohsin Abbas, Raja Shamim, Rana Riaz — are nonetheless absconding in the case.

Police probe finds Rao Anwar, others guilty

On can also 2, 2018 the trial courtroom had established a supplementary investigation file submitted with the aid of investigating officer SSP Dr Rizwan Ahmed, who had price-sheeted all the suspended policemen inside the instances.

The supplementary fee sheet that referred to that the forensic reviews of the guns, a technical analysis of the call element records (CDR), television interviews of Rao Anwar and circumstantial proof cautioned the involvement of Rao Anwar and his group participants within the extrajudicial killing and dubbing the victims as terrorists.

there was no criminal report of the victims towards whom the suspects had highlighted ‘fake tales in the media’ to hush up the extrajudicial killings, the supplementary price sheet stated, alleging that in the research the nominated policemen were also observed worried in destroying proof, misusing their respectable authority in an try to cover up their other unlawful acts.

It further noted that inside the light of all of the proof and statements of the witnesses, the arrested suspects, along with Rao Anwar, had been involved in kidnapping for ransom, homicide and destruction of the proof.

It had said that the CDR showed the presence of Rao Anwar at the crime scene between 2.55am and 3.21am, including that his presence turned into also recorded near the brand new Sabzi Mandi on Superhighway on Jan four, 5, 8, 9 and thirteen.

The CDR evaluation in addition discovered that computer Feroze, former SHO Marwat and ASI Hussain were present at the crime scene together on Jan 12, 2018 even as the presence of SI Anwar, ASI Hussain, ASI Khair Mohammad and Raja Shamim become also recorded on Jan thirteen ultimate yr.

It showed that computer Feroze and ASI Hussain contacted every other through mobile phones 18 instances on the day of the incident and an afternoon before it while computer Feroze also changed his cellular SIM cards and cell telephones numerous times after the incident.

“The virtual evidence show the important role of the suspects in making plans and execution of the fake come across, even as it additionally propose their involvement in failure to document the crime and abetting the police birthday celebration inside the faux come across,” it stated.

The CDR analysis similarly showed that mobile phones of Mohsin Abbas and Raja Riaz were switched off on the time of the encounter and former DSP Qamar Ahmed had constantly been in touch with the police worried within the fake encounter.

It in addition stated that former ASI Allahyar, former HC Mohammad Iqbal, former constables Arshad Ali, Ghulam Nazik, Shafiq Ahmed and Abdul Wali have been determined involved in kidnapping Naqeeb and his friends from the Sher Agha lodge and taking them to the Abbas city police put up and looking to cover up the whole episode, which turned into an offence beneath the Pakistan Penal Code (p.C).

It brought that former constables Abbas and Imran Kazmi had been observed concerned within the kidnapping, torture and annoying ransom for the sufferers’ release.

It stated former ASI Akbar Mallah’s position in the faux stumble upon changed into decided even as the previous DSP became located involved in making entries of the fake come across, tampering with the proof and facilitating the police celebration concerned in faux stumble upon.

The supplementary price sheet found out that there was no crook document of the victims against whom the suspects had highlighted fake stories inside the media to hush up the extrajudicial killings. The police had been additionally determined worried in destroying the proof, misusing their legit authority in an try to cover up their different illegal acts.

The supplementary rate sheet noted that inside the mild of all of the evidence and statements of the witnesses, the arrested suspects, which includes Rao Anwar, had been concerned in kidnapping for ransom, murder and destroying the proof.

courtroom but to soak up eyewitness’s affidavit

The trial court docket has yet to keep in mind a non-public affidavit filed with the aid of HC Shahzada Jahangir wherein he deviated from his initial declaration given to the police towards Rao Anwar and his subordinates concerning their involvement within the extrajudicial killing.

inside the affidavit, he said that he become no longer present on the region of the incident on January 13, 2018.

Deviating from his earlier assertion, Jahangir stated that once seven or 8 days of his arrest he turned into threatened and pressured to give a assertion. He had alleged that he turned into coerced to provide the statement, which changed into now not primarily based on information and the police had tortured him.

earlier, he had told the IO that he became a close aide of then Shah Latif metropolis SHO Marwat, who on Jan 13 known as him on the location of incident and upon arriving there he found the SHO and different police officials present there while the four detained guys had been also of their custody.

within the meantime, Rao Anwar, DSP Qamar, then SHO Shaikh and other police officers also arrived there and then Marwat, Shoaib and others took the detained guys to an deserted poultry farm, he said, adding that they heard gunshots and thereafter Marwat and different police officers got here out of the fowl farm and requested him to do the office work.

He stated that he found the bodies of the detained men in the constructing.

published in , January 14th, 2019